Gilles GASSER donnera une conférence « Metal Complexes as Diagnostics and Therapeutics » le Vendredi 27 Janvier 2023 à 10h30 au laboratoire CEISAM.
Metal Complexes as Diagnostics and Therapeutics
Chimie ParisTech, PSL University, CNRS, Institute of Chemistry for Life and Health Sciences, Laboratory for Inorganic Chemical Biology, F-75005 Paris, France. Email: email@example.com; WWW: www.gassergroup.com; Phone: +33 1 85 78 41 51
Metal complexes are currently playing a tremendous role in medicine.1 For example, the platinum complex cisplatin and its derivatives oxaliplatin and carboplatin are employed in more than 50% of the treatment regimes for patients suffering from cancer!
Over the last years, our research group focused its attention on the development of novel metal complexes as imaging and therapeutic agents against cancer and parasitic diseases.2-9 During this talk, we will present our latest results, including in vivo results, on these topics.
- (1) Boros, E.; Dyson, P. J.; Gasser , G. Classification of Metal-based Drugs According to Their Mechanisms of Action. Chem 2020, 6, 41-60.
- (2) Brandt, M.; Cardinale, J.; Aulsebrook, M. L.; Gasser, G.; Mindt, T. L. An Overview on PET Radiochemistry: Part 2 – Radiometals J. Nucl. Med. 2018, 59, 1500-1506.
- (3) Gourdon, L.; Cariou, K.; Gasser, G. Phototherapeutic anticancer strategies with first-row transition metal complexes: a critical review. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2022, 51, 1167-1195.
- (4) Heinemann, F. W.; Karges, J.; Gasser , G. Critical Overview of the Use of Ru(II) Polypyridyl Complexes as Photosensitizers in One-Photon and Two-Photon Photodynamic Therapy. Acc. Chem. Res. 2017, 50, 2727-2736
- (5) Martínez-Alonso, M.; Gasser, G. Ruthenium polypyridyl complex-containing bioconjugates. Coord. Chem. Rev. 2021, 434, 213736.
- (6) Notaro, A.; Gasser , G. Monomeric and Dimeric Coordinatively Saturated and Substitutionally Inert Ru(II) Polypyridyl Complexes as Anticancer Drug Candidates. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2017, 46, 7317-7337.
- (7) Ong, Y. C.; Roy, S.; Andrews, P. C.; Gasser, G. Metal Compounds against Neglected Tropical Diseases. Chem. Rev. 2019, 119, 730-796.
- (8) Patra, M.; Gasser , G. The Medicinal Chemistry of Ferrocene and its Derivatives. Nature Rev. Chem. 2017, 1, 0066, and references therein. (9) Patra, M.; Zarschler, K.; Pietzsch, H.-J.; Stephan, H.; Gasser, G. New insights into the pretargeting approach to image and treat tumours. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2016,45, 6415-6431.